Last updated 09.04.20
SPEED READ: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
But just in case you do not want to read it in full we have summarised the key points for you in our 'speed read' section below.
- apetito Limited (apetito, we, our or us) is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is Z5944325. Our data protection officer is Lindsay Boxsey and you can contact us at email@example.com.
- We are also known as Wiltshire Farm Foods (WFF). WFF runs a network of franchisees who are responsible for providing our services around the country. If you live in an area run by one of our Franchisees, we will share your personal data with them so that they can provide services to you.
- We only ever collect personal data that you share with us, or that is provided to us by a relative. Where personal data about third party individuals is provided to us, you acknowledge that it is your responsibility to ensure that individual is happy for you to share their personal data with us.
- We process personal data to provide our services to you. Under data protection laws, we are only permitted to process your personal data where we have a legal basis for doing so. We will only ever process your personal data in compliance with applicable law.
- We may share your personal data with our third party suppliers including credit referencing agencies to enable the efficient and secure provision of services to you. We will never sell or share your data with third parties.
- We will keep your data for as long as we provide services to you. We will then keep data for the period of 24 months from the date of your last order.
- You have important rights under laws aimed at protecting your personal data. This policy sets out your rights and how can you exercise them. For more information, see section 9 of this policy. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office if you are not happy with how we have handled your personal data. For more information, see section 10 of this policy.
1. ABOUT APETITO
apetito Limited (apetito, we, our or us) is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 00233851 whose registered office is at Canal Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8RJ. You may also know us as Wiltshire Farm Foods.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is Z5944325.
3. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We collect personal data about you if you share your information with us when enquiring about or purchasing our services. We may also ask you to share your personal data with us if it is necessary for us to provide our services to you – for example, we may ask you about your dietary requirements so that we can make sure you are receiving the correct meals.
If you provide us with personal data relating to other people (for example, a relative) then you will need to check with them that they are happy for you to share their data with us.
Personal data we process:
- home address and telephone number
- personal email address
- dietary requirements (which may include health information)
- bank and/or payment card details
No automated decision-making or profiling will take place using your personal data.
Calls to numbers published on our websites, may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
If you use our Website:
If you use our Website, we automatically collect the following information:
- web usage information (e.g. IP address), your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); time on page, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
4. HOW WILL WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will collect, store and use personal data you provide to us in order to carry out the activities relevant to the provision of our services to you.
We will only do this where:
- you have given us consent to do so for the specific purposes which we have told you about – for example, we will need your consent to process any health information you provide to us;
- it is necessary for us to do so to enable us to provide you with the services that you have requested from us - for example, delivery of your meals to your home address;
- it is necessary in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- the law otherwise permits or requires it.
- We may obtain additional information about you from other reputable data sources. This information may relate to your demographics and lifestyle interests and be matched to our records to enhance our understanding of the sorts of products and services you may be interested in and to provide you with a more personalised experience.
- The data these companies might hold about you may be personal data such as names and addresses collected from publicly available sources, such as the Edited Electoral Register. It might also include non-personal anonymised data from research surveys.
Where we process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, these are our (or our third party’s) interests in providing our services to you in an efficient and secure manner.
5. WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We take your privacy seriously and have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational security measures designed to secure your personal data against accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure.
Our Wiltshire Farm Foods Franchisees
- We run a network of franchises throughout the UK. Our regional franchises are owned and operated by third parties.
- In almost all cases, our services will be provided to you by your local Wiltshire Farm Foods Franchisee (your Local Franchisee). We will share your personal data with your Local Franchisee to enable your Local Franchisee to provide the services to you. When this happens, your Local Franchisee will be a joint data controller with us.
6. WHO ELSE MIGHT WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We will share your personal data with the following third-party service providers who assist us with administering the provision of our services to you:
- credit referencing agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
- companies who provide services to us, for example, suppliers who operate our call centre, who support us in distributing our brochures and marketing materials to you and who provide our information technology systems.
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers.
If a business transfer or change of business ownership takes place or is envisaged, we may transfer your personal data to the new owner or a prospective new owner. If this happens, we will inform you of this transfer.
7. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We take your privacy seriously and are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of the personal data you provide to us, and the choices you have regarding our collection and use of your personal data.
We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal data is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of your personal data via the internet is not completely secure and although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us over the internet and you acknowledge that any transmission is at your own risk.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes we have set out above.
If you order services from us, we will keep your personal data for the period for which you remain a customer plus an additional 12 months following your last order with us. If we are required by law to keep any of your personal data, we will only keep such data for as long as the law says we must.
If you enquire about our services but do not place an order with us, we will keep your personal data for 12 months from the date on which you first provided your information to us. If we are required by law to keep any of your personal data, we will only keep your information for as long as the law says we must.
The third parties we engage to provide services on our behalf will keep your data no longer than the periods set out in sections 6.1 and 6.2 above. If we end our relationship with any third party providers, we will make sure they securely delete or return your personal data to us.
We may retain personal data about you for statistical purposes (for example, to help us better advertise our services). Where data is retained for statistical purposes it will always be anonymised meaning that you will not be identifiable from that data.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. There are circumstances in which your rights may not apply. You have the right to request that we:
- provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you;
- update any of your personal information if it is inaccurate or out of date;
- delete the personal data we hold about you - if we are providing services to you and you ask us to delete personal data we hold about you then we may be unable to continue providing those services to you;
- restrict the way in which we process your personal data;
- stop processing your data if you have valid objections to such processing;
- transfer your personal data to a third party.
For more information on your rights and how to use them, or if you would like to make any of the requests set out above, please contact us using the details provided in section 10. We will respond to all such requests within the time period required by law.
Even if you consented to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes (by ticking the relevant box or by requesting a brochure), you have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for such purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org or 01225 562 849.
10. WHO CAN YOU ASK FOR MORE INFORMATION?
We and each of our Franchisees are data controllers, because we collect personal data about you and determine how and why it will be used. If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your personal data, you can contact us using any one (or more) of the following:
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 01225 562 849
Alternatively, you can contact us through the “Contact Us” section of the Website.
We have appointed Lindsay Boxsey as our Data Protection Officer (DPO). Our DPO can be contacted by post or telephone using the above contact details, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unsatisfied with our response to any data protection issues you raise with us or our DPO, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the authority in the UK which is tasked with the protection of personal data and privacy.
Cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on our Website, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this Website by using them.
If you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from our Website, or any other Website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
You can find more information about cookies and how to restrict, block and delete them at www.aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window - please note that we're not responsible for the content of external Websites).
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for.
We use a session cookie to remember such things as your log-in, what you've put in the shopping basket and for some analytics. These are necessary to the working of the Website. If these are disabled then various functions on the Website will not work.
More information on session cookies and what they are used for can be found at: www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html (opens in a new window - please note that we're not responsible for the content of external Websites).
|Cookie name||Description||System||Expires||Party||Site coverage||Category|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||ASP.NET session state. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser||.NET||The end of the session||First||All||Session|
|.ASPXFORMSAUTH||This is used by Microsoft's ASP.NET technology to identify you as a logged-in (authenticated) user.||.NET||The end of the session||First||All||Session|
|__insp_pad __insp_sid __insp_ref __insp_scpt __insp_nv __insp_wid __insp_identity||This is used by Inspectlet, a third-party service which monitors how users interact with our website. It helps up make better decisions on what aspects of the website are working well and which parts need improvement.||Inspectlet||The end of the session||Third||All||Session|
We use a persistent cookie to remember your preferences on our Website and within analytics to understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience.
Analytics cookies on our Website are placed by Google Analytics and are required for the Analytics to function. Google Analytics data is anonymous.
You can find out more about Google's position on privacy in regards to its analytics service at: www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html (opens in a new window - please note that we're not responsible for the content of external Websites
|Cookie name||Description||System||Expires||Party||Site coverage||Category|
|CMSPreferredCulture||This is used to help up identify the best type of content to deliver. It stores your preferred content culture (in most cases, this will be set to "en-GB").||Wiltshire Farm Foods||+365 days||First||All||Functional|
|CMSPreferredUICulture||This is used to help up identify the best type of content to deliver. It stores your preferred UI culture (in most cases, this will be set to "en-US").||Wiltshire Farm Foods||+365 days||First||All||Functional|
|CMSShoppingCart||This is used to keep a reference to your current active shopping cart and helps in identifying abandoned baskets.||Wiltshire Farm Foods||+365 days||First||All||Functional|
|WFFUSER||This is used to help up identify which franchise is best placed to take your order.||Wiltshire Farm Foods||+365 days||First||All||Functional|
|ApetitoFullCSS||This cookie is used to help us deliver the fastest loading experience for first-time visitors by sending additional CSS styling to the browser if you have not previously cached the website before.||Wiltshire Farm Foods||+365 days||First||All||Functional|
|ApetitoLoggedInTracking||This cookie is used to help us analyse how often our customers are logging into the Wiltshire Farm Foods website.||Wiltshire Farm Foods||+365 days||First||All||Analytics|
|CookieNotice||This cookie is used to identify your acceptance with our usage of cookies and, consequently, shows/hides the cookie acceptance banner across the top of our website.||Wiltshire Farm Foods||+365 days||First||All||Functional|
|__insp_uid||This is a long-term cookie that contains a random ID assigned to visitor which is used by the Inspectlet service.||Inspectlet||+365 days||First||All||Functional|
We do have relationships with carefully-selected and monitored suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for marketing purposes - in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. If you'd like to opt out, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative Website (opens in a new window - please note that we're not responsible for the content of external Websites).
When you visit our Website you may notice some cookies that are not related to our Website. When you visit a page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these Websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party Websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
|Cookie name||Description||System||Expires||Party||Site coverage||Category|
|LPCKEY-XXXXXXXX||This is used by our LivePerson widget to gather usage data related to your visit and interaction with our online LivePerson customer help service.||LivePerson||The end of the session||Third||Administration||Session|
|LPSID-XXXXXXXX||This is used by our LivePerson widget to gather usage data related to your visit and interaction with our online LivePerson customer help service.||LivePerson||The end of the session||Third||All except /checkout||Session|
|LPVID||This is used by our LivePerson widget to gather usage data related to your visit and interaction with our online LivePerson customer help service.||LivePerson||The end of the session||Third||All except /checkout||Functional|
|_utma||Typically written to the browser the first time a user visits the Website. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to the Website and is updated with each page view. This cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure||Google Analytics||1 day||Third||All||Analytics|
|_utmb||This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with the Website. When a user views a page on the Website, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie then a new one is written and a new session established. Each time a user visits a different page, the cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes. The cookie expires when a user pauses on a page for more than 30 minutes||Google Analytics||+30 minutes||Third||All||Analytics|
|_utmz||This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach the Website, whether via a direct method, a referral link, a Website search, or a campaign. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within the Website.||Google Analytics||+1 day
|_utmc||This cookie operates in conjunction with the _utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user. This cookie is not provided with an expiration date, so it expires when a the user exits the browser.||Google analytics||The end of the session||Third||All||Analytics|
|_utmv||This cookie is not normally present in a default configuration of the tracking code. It passes information provided via the _setVar() method, which is used to create customer user segments.||Google Analytics||Straight away||Third||All||Analytics|
|ApetitoThirdPartyCookieCheck||This cookie is used only to verify if the browser accepts third-part cookies so we can deliver the most secure checkout experience possible.||Wiltshire Farm Foods||+1 minute||First||Only used during /checkout||Functional|